When you think of Cadbury Dairy Milk, you think of your childhood right? That’s what I thought. For me, it was always my favourite chocolate growing up, and that really hasn’t changed. When I lived overseas I often complained about the fact that the chocolate tasted different there and not the same as Cadbury Dairy Milk back home. First world problems indeed.
Cadbury Dairy Milk has just launched South Africa’s first Joy Generator. You read that correctly, this vending machine style activation will match chocolate fans with their perfect Cadbury Dairy Milk flavour! That is generating some serious joy right there! After you’ve discovered your perfect match, you can then share your joyous news straight from the Joy Generator with your friends on social media.
My Joyful flavour match is MADLY MINTY!
This got me all sorts of excited because it is literally my favourite flavour since I can remember! It also is my character to a T, so it is super accurate.
Mint Crisp Madly Minty is an upbeat and bright character, who is highly unique and a slick charmer to boot. You are, of course, also super cool and you always have a fresh new take on things. (*Takes a bow)
I thought I would share some interesting facts about mint and how to add more mint to your life.
Mint helps with:
- Proper digestion, cleansing and detoxification.
- Calming effects for the skin, digestive system and body.
- Antioxidant rich
- Helps maintain healthy skin.
- Help alleviate nausea, headaches, and respiratory issues, especially those involving congestion.
- Asthma suffers can find relief with regular use.
- When applying mint in oil or lotion form it has a calming and cooling effect.
- Mint is great as a anti-microbial and breath freshener.
Great ways to add mint to your diet:
- Add mint to your fruit smoothies in the morning
- Add some mint leaves to your water bottle and keep refilling with water through the day
- Add some mint to your oats with some chocolate protein powder
- Add mint leaves to hot water and steep for 5-6 minutes
I decided to have some fun with my flavour and make two smoothies. One is a healthy version, and the other is a treat day version. Obviously the one with the Cadbury Dairy Milk in was the best 😉
Healthy mint smoothie
1 frozen banana (You can add two for two people)
1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
1 tsp chia seeds
1.5 cups almond milk
1-2 tbsp organic cocoa powder to taste
2 cups greek yoghurt
8 pitted dates
Blend all in a nutribullet or blender and enjoy!
Treat Day Cadbury Dairy Milk Milkshake
8 tbsp vanilla frozen yoghurt
1 Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Slab
1/2-1 cup almond milk depending on desired thickness
Blend in a nutribullet or blender and enjoy the minty goodness!
(This may become addictive as it is the best milkshake I have had in a long time)
Do you want to find out your flavour? Head down to one of the malls below:
Rosebank mall 18-22 May
Maponya mall 25-29 May
Menlyn Park Shopping Centre 1-5 June
Gateway Theatre of Shopping 8-12 June
Canal Walk 15-19 June
Visit www.cadbury.co.za/flavourfavour for more info
Follow Cadbury on Twitter @Cadbury_SA using #WhatsYourFlavourSA and like their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/CadburyDairyMilkSA
Cadbury Dairy Milk decided to spoil one lucky reader!
I am giving away a Cadbury Dairy Milk hamper and an online shopping voucher worth R1000!
All you have to do is:
- Follow @gijane_zn and @Cadbury_SA on Twitter.
- Retweet the pinned tweet on my twitter account.
- Hope for the best!
The winner will be announced via twitter on the 2nd of June 2016!
*Disclaimer: Cadbury bribed me with chocolate and I took the bait, naturally. I’m sure you would too 😉 This is my favourite sponsored post by far!