It is officially 2018!!
How did that happen? Although I didn’t have a terrible 2017 like a few of my friends, I’m always happy for a fresh start.
I don’t really like New Year’s Resolutions as they seem to have a negative connotation for people, because they feel so disappointed when they don’t achieve them. So I usually suggest to clients to make just a few attainable goals so they complete the year on a positive note rather.
This year I’ve decided to set a few intentions. Just the word intention feels more positive, doesn’t it? I’m intending to get around to all of them, but if I don’t, the intention was still there. No negatives. It also just feels more natural and intentional (LOL). We set intentions every day without even knowing it.
I must remember to call Sarah
I must book a yoga class
I must write that blog post
So I am setting intentions for the year! I started a list in December and two days into 2018 I have actioned a few already. I am on a good path to complete about 4 already, so I am feeling good! I downloaded this awesome sheet from Fathima and it is now filled in and ready to be ticked off!
My 2018 intentions:
- Learn my skills – Book a Lightroom course
- Travel somewhere new – Visit Ireland and Wales
- Do something exciting – Yoga Retreat in Greece
- More downtime – Disconnect from online work
- More family – Schedule time away from work
- More writing – At least one scheduled hour per week
- Eat more clean – Meal prep for the week
- Do more walking – 3-6 days per week
- Make time to workout – Yoga x2 Walk x3 Gym x3
- Read more into yoga – Research and read weekly
- Learn to take proper pictures with my camera – Ask friends for help (You know who you are!)
- Learn to edit videos – Youtube and ask for help!
- Book another corporate client – Word of mouth and promote online
- Improve social media – Schedule content, create more content
- Be kind – Be aware, help out even more, have good karma
Have you set any intentions? Any I can help you with?
May you all have a happy and healthy 2018!